How do I convince my bank manager to lend me money? Documents you will need
What do you think?
POST A COMMENT
By Lucien Moons, international business development consultant
21 March 2011
If you're hoping to secure a business loan, you will need to prepare a document showing everything your bank manager wants to know. Following Lucien Moons's blog on tackling the meeting, here's an example of the structure of such a document, with customer or project details and data for credit analysis.
1. Full legal name of entity
2. Full legal address, telephone number, fax number, web address
3. Company registration and VAT number
4. Date of company establishment
5. Contact details: name, job title, telephone number, fax number, email address
6. Company information:
- Business overview – details of the customer and their market position
- What is the competitive advantage of the company? What are its weak points?
- Who is the management team? Any relevant information on this topic
- For digital printing, what is the experience of the company in this market? Is this the first machine of this type? If so, how about training? Ramp-up period? It will take time to attract new customers – is there a contract in place?
- Insight into customer cash flow projections and a three-year business plan
- Insight into the split between the customer's core business and their growth prospects and details of any new markets and customers
- What plans do they have in place to grow or to address their liquidity or cash?
- Details of their bank facilities and debt facilities. What are the terms and who are the providers or lenders? How much headroom do they have? What cash requirements do they have going forward?
- Is there an understanding of what applications and jobs will be printed on the new equipment?
- Are the existing customer jobs contracted print jobs? I.e. are they secured by a contract?
- What level of collateral or deposit can the customer make available for the new investment?
7. Break-even analysis for the equipment
8. Financial information (to be attached to the document):
- Annual audited report (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow) for the last two years
- Interim results for the current year
Lucien Moons is an international business development consultant based in Brussels.
Resident Talk Print! bloggers Sophie Matthews-Paul and Laurel Brunner have also replied to the topic How do I convince my bank manager to lend me money? What do you think? Use the comments form below to give your opinion.
Comments in chronological order (Total 0 comments)
There are no comments yet for this article.